Newport State Park Activities
Some programs are weather related, so check with the park if you have any questions. 920-854-2500
Wednesday, January 1, 2020 – First Day Hike
If getting more exercise is one of your 2020 resolutions, join us for a First Day Hike. This is the 9th year that Wisconsin state parks have participated in this national event.
- WHERE: Fern Trail, Parking Lot 3. This is an easy, 1.2 mile loop.
- TIME: 9:00 am
- WHAT TO BRING: Poles, walking sticks (snow shoes or Yak Tracks if conditions warrant)
- After the hike, please plan on staying for refreshments in the Nature Center, Lot 1.
Supported by Newport Wilderness Society, the official friends group of Newport State Park, 475 County Road NP, Ellison Bay, WI, 920-854-2500
Saturday, February 8, 2020 – 30th Annual Candlelight Ski
- Experience winter beauty at Newport State Park, an International Dark Sky Park.
- Ski, hike or snowshoe this easy 1.2 mile candlelit trail.
- When you finish the trail, head over to the shelter building and enjoy a bonfire, hot cocoa and cookies.
- Starts at Parking Lot 3.
- Time: 5:50-8:30 pm
These events will only be cancelled in the event of extreme weather. Call the park for more information. WI State Park sticker required. Newport State Park, 475 County Road NP, Ellison Bay, WI. 920-854-2500.
For more information on any of the above items, please call the park during normal business hours at 920-854-2500.